Office Manager - Chester Pediatrics
Come join our well established team at this two office group practice considered one of the prominent pediatric practices in Chesterfield County. As the office manage you will oversee patient flow and the daily operations of the medical office. This role requires knowledge and experience in all facets of medical business office management. You will supervise and work with all employees of the office to help us provide a modern product in a challenging medical environment. Flexibility, professional appearance, good communication skills, excellent customer service skills, knowledge of small business accounting systems and the ability to work in a team environment are crucial for this role. The offices are fast-paced and require attention to details while maintaining a welcoming presence for patients, their parents, and visitors.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in healthcare management. Pediatric primary care experience preferred.
Prior experience and knowledge of EMR systems required.
Please fax your resume to 804/751-4815 or email email@example.com. We look forward to hear from you
Pediatric Practice Administrator
Piedmont Pediatrics is seeking a full-time Practice Administrator to coordinate and oversee all aspects of our pediatric practice. Candidates should have medical management experience, strong project management skills, financial and data analysis ability and excellent customer service, human resource and team-building skills. Total compensation based on qualifications. Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements via our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piedmont Pediatrics Practice Administrator Job Description
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for overseeing operations of Piedmont Pediatrics
- Work closely with four Practice Physician Owners to ensure effective long-term planning and operations. Work most closely with Managing Partner on day-to-day operations.
- Directly supervise Nurse Manager, Front Office Supervisor, Billing Department lead, Information Technology Specialist. The Nurse Manager supervises twelve people and the Front Office Supervisor supervises six people. There are three people in the billing department and one Information Technology Specialist.
- Run weekly team lead meetings and conduct routine one-on-one meetings with the office leaders. Ensure supervisors are conducting team and one-on-one meetings, as well.
- Handle patient customer service complaints and concerns as needed. Model and reinforce exceptional customer service as one of the highest priorities for the office.
- Oversee and provide administrative support for the providers’ credentialing process with Sentara/MJH PHO and with CAQH.
- Maintain up to date medical licenses, DEA and malpractice insurance documents for all providers on file.
- Oversee the billing and collections process and performance as payments come in and are matched to patient accounts. Daily payments are batched and posted and balanced against deposits made to the bank account.
- Supervise bookkeeper’s work to balance company checking account using multiple sources of income, including bank-reported EFT payments from most insurers, payments collected at the window and checks received from patients and insurance companies through the mail.
- Supervise mail process, including logging of all payments received prior to going to the billing department to be applied to patient accounts.
- Maximize the usage of a sophisticated Shoretel multi-line phone system, including report generation and patient-friendly use of technology.
- Work with Dominion Payroll Services to design reports for accurate payment and reporting of benefits including 401-K and Health Equity contributions, insurance premium payments and other human resource management tools.
- Manipulate data from Allscripts practice management software as well as payroll and other data sources to create financial reports for the practice partners and the practice CPA.
- Attend practice manager meetings for the Anchor Healthcare group, working to improve the function and efficiency of this group of independent-minded physician practices as they work to take advantage of economies of scale and to benefit from quality incentive payment plans. There is a significant administrative role associated with the group at this time as there is not an identified contact person to streamline communication with the vendors (Dominion Payroll, Health Equity, Principal, etc.)
- Coordinate management of all office fixed assets, including imaging devices, the postage meter, computers, medical refrigerators, alarm system and computers.
- Oversee facility management for two buildings, one owned by the partners and one rented. Work with Piedmont Facilities and other vendors, interface with condominium association at the Rio office and landlord at the Crozet office.
- Ensure seamless patient call transfer to answering service/nurse triage phone line after hours and communication of physician call schedules to partner health providers.
- Work closely with Piedmont Pediatrics IT specialist and Allscripts team to customize our EHR to best support efficient pediatric clinic operation.
- Monitor and maintain community awareness of the practice through advertising, community projects and internet presence.
Big Picture responsibilities:
- Ensure clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery (HIPAA, OSHA), all insurance contract requirements and the rules of the accrediting bodies including federal and state regulatory code. Continually monitor operations to make sure standards are met and recommend changes as needed.
- Inform owners about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and enforce clinic operating policies and procedures.
- Participate in Virginia Medical Group Management Association, American Association of Pediatrics Section on Administration and Practice Management (SOAPM) activities and email exchanges to encourage best-practices and stay up to date on current issues and concerns.
- Recommend, develop, and implement improvements for the practice, both clinical and financial. Look for growth opportunities that will further our mission to provide high quality pediatric care.
- Monitor and manage patient wait times, clinic flow, appointment availability, appropriate appointment durations to match patient needs.
- Follow ICD-10 and insurance payment policy updates and inform providers and billing department of changes that would impact pediatric coding practice.
- Oversee recruitment, development and performance evaluation of all employees.
- Analyze the business and financial affairs of the practice and evaluate fiscal management in conjunction with the external practice CPA.
- Represent the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
- Oversee all practice managed care relationships, including monitoring of related reimbursement, provider credentialing and maintenance of contracts. Work with the MJH/Sentara PHO for some of these contacts.
- Model and require direct, honest, respectful communication to create a pleasant and respectful office environment and ensure high employee morale.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and best employer practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in medical office management
- Planning, budget development and contract negotiation experience
- Proficiency in business office procedures and bookkeeping functions
- Customer service, human resource and benefit administration experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Lead by example, make employees’ needs a priority and encourage professional growth
- Have a kind heart, a good sense of humor, and enjoy providing service to children and their guardians
Seeking a Pediatrician?
Dr. Margaret Honeycutt Curriculum Vitae2013
The University of Virginia Physicians Group (UPG) is currently seeking a full time Pediatric physician to join one of its outpatient practices in Culpeper, Virginia. This well established clinic prides itself on excellence in providing the highest quality of patient care.
UPG offers a great benefit package of Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k) match plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and corporate discounts. Additional benefits at no cost to employees include a Retirement Investment Account, and short and long term disability insurance.
Culpeper, Virginia offers a great lifestyle nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Washington D.C. area.
UVA Physicians Group
Or apply directly at:
Or visit our Career Page:
Responsible for providing physician services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic and other locations, i.e., hospital, assisted living facility, ambulatory surgery center, within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing and depending on specialty.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions of the Job:
Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative management, office manager and nursing staff to facilitate patient management through the health care system.
- Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosing and initiation of medical processes or procedures commensurate with training and experience and as credentialed by the UVA Health System.
- Performs and legibly documents comprehensive health histories and physical assessments on assigned patients and episodic evaluation on others, to include initiation of CPR or other appropriate emergency therapy as needed.
- Formulates diagnoses and identifies problems and health risk profiles of selected patients and documentation and communicates this information to other members of the health care team.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies, such as x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with staff.
- Performs procedures and/or surgeries with scope of practice and UVA Health System credentials/privileges.
- Orders medications, treatment and therapies in accordance with Virginia Prescriptive regulations.
- Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other physicians, including specialists and other healthcare providers when and if needed.
- Evaluates and analyzes patient responses to the disease process or therapeutic or diagnostic interventions.
- Provides information and support to patients and families regarding disease process and treatment plan, thus facilitating communication between patients/families and healthcare team.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities either in practice or inpatient environment.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned diagnostic procedures, medications, and treatments.
- Manages patients in accordance with established UVA Health System and UVA UPG policies and procedures.
- Participate in hospital, nursing home, assisted living or other institutional care setting practice if appropriate.
Quality Improvement Initiatives:
- Examines systems and processes in populations and recommends, develops, implements and evaluates strategies for improvement.
- Promotes timely and compassionate communication between families and health care team.
- Report in a timely manner births, deaths, outbreaks of contagious diseases and other information critical to the patient’s and/or the public&rs quo;s health as required by legal or governmental authorities.
- Meets quality standards as determined by the Medical Director and/or UVA Health System.
- May serve on selected committees of nursing, medical and administrative staff as needed.
- May participate in the clinical experience of medical students, interns, residents, and graduate nurses as appropriate.
- Participates in group peer and other review activities.
- Prepare and attend to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services.
- Promote the professional practice of the group.
- Perform other duties as assigned occasionally that are commensurate with professional service normally and customarily provided by a physician.
- Follow policies and procedures, including those of UPG, UVA Health System, CMS and other contracted payers with which the group may contract.
- Accurately assigns Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes and ICD Diagnosis codes.
- Works with Administrative Management on the implementation of policies regarding Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABN) and other payor requirements necessary to ensure the timely payment of claims.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of other health care professionals.
- Develops and presents educational programs to the medical and nursing staff.
- Participate in the design and development of teaching materials.
- Updates practice through continuing education by attending conferences, rounds, reports, lectures, journal clubs and regional/national professional conferences.
- Serves as clinical resource in the care of patients to nursing, medical and allied healthcare practitioners.
- Seeks professional growth opportunities that enhance professional practice through both formal and informal activities.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) * Completion of an accredited Residency in Pediatrics.
- Currently active Board Certification in Pediatrics (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 2 years of graduation).
- Unrestricted license to practice within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Current DEA certificate without restriction.
- PALS or NRP, ACLS required.
- Prior work with limited English proficient patients desirable * Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer.
- Basic word processing skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and PowerPoint desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency in using Electronic Medical Record required
WORKING CONDITIONS: General busy clinical environment. The incumbent will be working in an office and patient examination room and is required to help move patients when needed and standing during portions of the physical examination. The incumbent may work in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc., which may require standing during portions of procedures, surgeries, examinations, etc. The office/hospital/nursing home or other institutional environment may expose the incumbent to hazardous waste, infectious waste, fumes or ga ses, radiation, occasional exposure to laser and constant exposure to blood borne pathogens and biologicals.
Pediatrician Full TIme
Wisestaff seeks a full-time Pediatrician to work at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA!
- Possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Successful completion of a residency program (corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted license (corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances as listed in 21 C.F.R. 1308.
- Board Certification in Pediatrics as determined by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Pediatrician within the preceding two (2) years.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Perform a full range of Pediatrician services for pediatric patients ((newborns, children, adolescents and young adults) on-site in a General Pediatrics Clinic, Newborn Care Clinic, Inpatient Pediatric units and Inpatient Newborn Nursery using government furnished supplies, facilities and equipment.
- Provide a full range of pediatric medicine services [(e.g., clinically oversee and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of adolescents for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel, developmental and learning disabilities (cerebral palsy, mental retardation, birth defects, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), emotional problems and adjustments, and child abuse and neglect; etc.)].
- Clinically oversee, perform, or assist in the instruction of, other health care professionals and pediatric residents seeing children [e.g., Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS); diagnostic procedures; and minor surgical procedures such as incisions and drainage of abscesses, suture simple lacerations; etc.].
- Clinically oversee and teach other medical staff and pediatric residents; provide educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocol.
- Pediatric Primary Care Clinic. The current hours of operation are 0730 to 1800 Monday through Friday.
- The Inpatient Newborn Care Clinic. The current hours of operation are 0730 to 1630 Monday through Sunday. Hours may be occasionally extended in order to accommodate patient load. If patient care needs require work in excess of 80 hours during a two (2) week pay period, compensatory time will be accumulated equal to the number of hours in excess of 80. The HCW will coordinate with the immediate supervisor in order to schedule any compensatory time accumulated.
- The Inpatient Newborn Nursery operates 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week but the HCW shall be scheduled to provide services between the hours of 0600 to 1800 during the workweek, and weekends from 0600-1400 no more than one (1) weekend per month.
- Services shall be required Monday through Friday, between the hours of 0600 and 1800. Services shall be provided for an eight and a half (8.5), nine (9), or ten and a half (10.5) hour shift to include an uncompensated 30 minute or one (1)-hour meal break depending on length of shift. The HCW will provide services approximately one (1) weekend per month on a rotational basis. The HCW will be scheduled to work a total of 80 hours (on-site service plus approved leave and holidays) per two (2) week period, inclusive of the weekend services. Specific hours and days shall be scheduled one (1) month in advance by the supervisor. Any changes in the schedule shall be coordinated between the HCW and the Government. The Government reserves the right to change shift hours with 72 hours’ notice to accommodate patient care needs and mission requirements.
- The Government reserves the right to change clinic hours with 30 days written notice to the contractor.
- Services on a holiday may be required on a rotational basis. If the HCW is required to provide services on a holiday, the HCW will be given an equal amount of compensatory time off.
- On Call Services. Phone watch services may be required at any time during the day or night, including weekends and holidays, and are to be provided no more than seven (7) times per month on average to answer questions only. Presence at the hospital or clinic will not be required. The physician will be assigned a cellular phone or a beeper to facilitate provisions of these services. Replacement costs if these are lost or damaged through negligence shall be borne by the contractor. Assignment of these watches will be made available to the provider at least ten (10) days prior to the physician being assigned to phone watch.
Richeson Drive Pediatrics is seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our 5-physician practice.
Senior partners retiring and plenty of patients to share.
- Local hospital with pediatric unit, newborn nursery and newborn intensive care
- NICU staffed by neonatology team
- Strong medical community with nearby specialist support
- On-site lab
- EMR in place since 2011
Lynchburg is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and bordered by the James River with close proximity to several lakes. You will find many amenities to enjoy here!
- An abundance of outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing, golfing, and skiing
- Affordable cost of living and charming neighborhoods
- Excellent public and private schools and 5 area colleges and universities
- Easy access to major metropolitan areas such as Washington, DC, Richmond, VA, Raleigh, NC and VA and NC beaches
Contact: Melody Ailsworth, D.O. @ email@example.com or 434.385.7776
Pediatrician - Full Time
BC/BE pediatrician to join well-established small pediatric group in suburban Richmond, Virginia.
Position available now or July, 2014, for 2 1/2 to 3 days a week. Easy on-call every 4th night, with no delivery attendance or inpatients. Very competitive salary and benefits, with partnership track available if desired. Support for professional development includes teaching opportunities and paid CME. Send CV to David Arkin, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric Associates of Williamsburg, a Childrens Medical Group practice, is looking for a full time BC/BE pediatrician to join our private practice.
We are Located in Williamsburg, Virginia. We are a group practice. There are 5 physicians and 3 pediatric nurse practitioners in our group. Outpatient only/No inpatient rounding or nursery coverage. Call will be 1 in 5.
Group website www.chkd.org/paw –> to see details about current physicians and practice
Apply online at www.chkd.org –>click on jobs and search by practice site
Contact: Kristina Powell, MD,FAAP at email@example.com or (757)812-2175.
Pediatrician FT and PT
Group practice in Fairfax County (Metropolitan Washington Area) seeking BE/BC Pediatrician for PT/FT position.
We are a well established 4 provider practice serving a diverse multinational population. Nurse after hours triage; No hospital rounds; Partnership potential. Please contact RGNCpediatrics@gmail.com if interested.
Richmond Pediatric Associates is a private pediatric group with offices located in Richmond and Mechanicsville. Our staff of providers includes twelve pediatricians as well as two certified pediatric nurse practitioners who serve a growing pediatric and adolescent population.
Our practice provides care to children through all phases of development from infancy through early adulthood. The patients we serve come from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. We are one of the few groups in the Richmond area that accept Medicaid patients.
Richmond Pediatric Associates is a paperless practice and has been utilizing Allscripts’ Professional EMR for over four years. Providers use tablet PCs while in the office as well as through remote access. We also utilize a patient portal solution via our website. In addition, we have an after-hours nurse triage service that takes first call.
Interested candidates may forward resumes to the following address or email:
Richmond Pediatric Associates, Inc.
9900 Independence Park Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
Full-Time or Part-Time Physician
Warrenton Pediatrics is a small, flexible, and family-friendly practice serving the Northern Virginia area. Located in horse country, we are within easy driving distance to Washington DC. There are many opportunities for community involvement. Fully integrated EMR with hospital interoperability. Reasonable hours. Benefits also include 401k, health insurance, salary guarantee and productivity bonus, and CME allowance. Please contact Kris @ 540-349-3225 for information, and email CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any ideas please let me know. I don’t have any experience with a PA or NP in the office working in pediatrics, though I’m asking around here. Thanks!