Unity of profession. Advocacy for profession. Advocacy for patients.
In accordance with the mission of the Academy, the Virginia Chapter is committed to the attainment of optimal health, safety and well-being of Virginia’s children and promotion of pediatricians as the best qualified of all health professionals to provide child health care.
The many worthy Chapter benefits include:
- Powerful advocacy for professionals & children;
- Representation by a lobbyist for year-round advocacy with annual legislative agenda to address critical gaps in child health law or public policy affecting children and pediatricians. In recent years we successfully supported car seat safety legislation, advocated for the creation of a state-wide immunization registry, lobbied for over $10 million in new money for pediatric reimbursement, updated the immunization requirements for school-age children, and supported efforts to expand access to the state’s FAMIS and FAMIS Plus (Medicaid) programs;
- Excellence in professional education that includes four CME programs annually and member-only registration discounts at co-sponsored CME programs;
- The opportunity to network and disseminate new information with your colleagues;
- Opportunity to participate in Chapter committees, including Health Systems/Reimbursement Committee, Membership Committee, Legislative/Advocacy Committee, School Health Committee, Education Committee, and more;
- Quarterly newsletter and important Member Alerts via weekly emails;
- Opportunity to collaborate with special interest child advocacy groups.
The AAP’s Virginia Chapter continues to actively represent the pediatricians in Virginia. We invite you to be a part of a great team of pediatricians committed to helping each other win the battle for doctors and patients.
To join the Chapter, click here.